
UPDATE: I noticed a lot of redundancies between this post and the previous one; for the sake of archiving this for future reference, I am combining the two.
Happy New Year's fer REALZ you guys!
I'm have upgraded our blog to the new version of blogger here; you'll need to sign up for a Google account in order to continue to post on the A.S.S. blog. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
The advantages of doing this:
1. We get to "Label" our posts. If you use flickr or del.icio.us, you'll be familiar with the idea of "tagging" bits of information. This is, essentially the same thing. The sidebar on the right hand side of the page includes a list of labels we've used, and the number of posts tagged with the labels.
2. The very template will be more customizable. fonts, point size, all that will be more flexible. As you can see. The original template was simply black and white, with a tiny bit of orange.
I was content to simply tweak the previous template for the A.S.S. Blog, but it occured to me that the last theme shared a color scheme with my bathroom. So I chose instead to go with a fairly muted color palate based on Blogger's "Minima" theme.
My tastes run towards the clean, the simple. Bauhaus, International Style, Le Courbusier, Van Der Rohe, all that.
Simple. Classy. Modern(ist). With some orange.
For those of you with more ornate aesthetics, let me know. Give me feedback, and the next time I see fit to overhaul the blog (it's WAY easier with the new version of Blogger), I'll take your opinions into consideration.
The sans serif font used for body text and post titles is Trebuchet; I wanted Helvetica, but all Blogger offers is Arial. I hate Arial. It has something to do with its capital "R." It's as though it can't decide if it wants to be a Realist or Humanist typeface.
The serif font is Georgia. It just looks better in titles than Times.
I hope my choices are legible to all, and render nicely (for once, Gecko seems to be rendering this text better than WebKit. Meaning it'll look better in Firefox or Camino than it will in Safari or Shiira.)
Here's to fresh starts.
1 comment:
Looks good to me. I did not have strong negative feelings towards the old design - but personal bathroom references can NAY should be kept to a minimum. As a whole, all the big content sites could use massive overhauls IMO. See my mentor in this area, Edward Tufte.
PowerPoint SUCKS!
Post a Comment