22 January 2007

The Swooning State of My Apartment

Indeed, I have retained control myself. I remain the master of M(A.S.S.)ters of the Universe. The fate of the blog is in my hands! Mwa ha ha ha!

I'm actually pretty good at maintaining control. Except when (and this is why I'm posting at the moment) we're talking about really good girl groups. Then I'm fawning all over myself and swooning. And then I feel weird because they're so much older than me. Still, I think it's awesome that Mary Weiss from the Shangri-Las is working on a new(!) solo record with the great Memphis garage-soul band, Reigning Sound. But then, swooning still creeps me out.

Which is why I absolutely love the UK's reigning champs of girl group/rock history/pop, the Pipettes. Swoon with me, people:



They're so pretty. And talented. And British. (Swoon.)

Listen: The Pipettes: "Pull Shapes"

Also, I'm thinking of having a party for the State of the Union tomorrow night. Beer will be involved. Also, I am likely to be yelling at the TV as though it were a football game. Going badly for my team. ("Privatizing Social Security!?! HE TOTALLY FUMBLED!!! What the hell?!?! They're going to let him get away with that!! Fucking ref! He should have been impeached!") I will probably need more beer afterwards.

Five bucks he says "the state of the union is strong."

On the other hand, my apartment is a wreck, and I'm already about two days behind on homework. So I'll probably just watch it myself. Unless I can convince someone at Scotty's to change the channels away from ESPN for the duration. I wonder how much goofier the President looks in hi-def.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Is it me, or do they all look like Lisa Loebs? It's like 'Please welcome, the Lisa Loebs.' I still swoon over Lisa Loeb. SSSSSSSSwwwooooooooooonnnn!

Those tarts ain't bad, Matthew. Good bird find.

abby said...

maybe if you combined the girl with the glasses with the one that's brunette. i think those are the two defining characteristics of a lisa loeb look-alike.

since we're all swooning, i'm going to have to take this in a new direction since i swoon over neither girl groups nor lisa loeb. luke wilson, however, is extremely swoon-worthy. not necessarily musical, but mmmm. luke wilson. sawooooooooon.