08 February 2007

A short, open letter to Abby

Abby, this is insufferable--first, you desecrate my beautiful design, and then you show up my Walken blog! To be honest, though, it's not Walken that beat me out--it's the cute kids. (I thought Kings of Convenience usually sound more like Simon and Garfunkel, but hey, still good song.)

And you dishonor me after I give you administrative rights? This is shameful behavior. Shameful.

You leave me with no choice but to challenge you to a duel. With cute kids.

I'll be generous to you, we can duel on your home turf, LiveJournal, on condition that you set up the blog. Otherwise, it's here. Here are the rules: You and I each post a maximum of three videos or pictures a week. At the end of each week, the contestant with the cutest videos or pictures of kids is declared the week's winner. No prizes, unless you value honor. Which you clearly do not.

Abby, with due respect, I WILL DESTROY YOU.

Is death-battle-concerning-certain-insufferably-adorable-children.livejournal.com taken? How about death-battle-concerning-certain-insufferably-adorable-children.blogspot.com
That is all. I will meet you on the fields of honor!

1 comment:

abby said...

A long, open comment to Matthew

someone may want to warn sir matthew of what he's getting himself into here. apparently he is unaware that i've been in "raging bitch mode" for the last 2-3 weeks, and it might not be wise to threaten me. i just might lose it once and for all. ask kjosh. he'll tell you. there's a reason he was afraid to be late to vocal practice on monday.

anyway. i'm not proud of that, and that said... i have promised myself to swear off my heinous bitch tendencies in hopes of not pissing people off and ruining otherwise perfectly good friendships, causing said friends to avoid my company at all costs. and understandably so.

so i will try to hold to that promise here. I’ve been doing quite well all week so far and I’d hate to ruin it now.

even so, had i a pair of white gloves, and were you within arms reach of me, i would most certainly slap you across the face with them.

hard.

the gauntlet has been thrown, sir.

actually not. because in all reality, it was your original walken post that inspired my walken video. twas not meant to trump your post, but only to synergistically enhance it. the thoughts of dancing then reminded me of the kings of convenience tune, which i've enjoyed for some time now and only recently discovered the corresponding video, which i was drawn to not for the cute children, but rather for the cute guy playing the piano, and more importantly, the song itself.

you don't know me that well, but in due course you will learn that, unlike most women, i am not drawn to children, cute or otherwise. i don't dislike children, by any means, but neither am i inclined to fawn over them when they don't belong to me. You will see me fawn when I either give birth to or adopt a child of my own. Or when I become an aunt, which at the rate I’m going is likely to happen far sooner than becoming a mother. And my sister is 16. but that’s delving into another realm of patheticality that should be reserved for another day.

In short, if we must duel, let us duel over something important and, in fact, tolerable to my sensibilities, such as… cheese… or fondue… or cheese fondue (!).

Or better yet, let’s not duel at all. Because, you see, I’m rather weary at the moment. I feel like the captain of many a sinking ship, and I have no energy to spare for any additional battles to fight. this is certainly lamentable as this duel sounds like it would be more fun than the others (at last if would be if it weren't centered around cute children). But rather than become pitted against one another in a duel to the death, the process of which undoubtedly would leave both of us wracked with pain and confusion… let us unite our forces to fight the real battle… which is to encourage the other members of our crew to post with as much frequency as you and i. let’s give a loud “huzzah!” for matt and kjosh, who have done their part this week.

In completely unrelated matters: I’d like to report some technical difficulties and see if any of you fine folk can help me figure out why this is happening… new posts often do not show up on the main page when I check the blog. For example, currently when I go to the blog, I do not see my last post, or matthews letter. I can find them if I search through the side bar and click “february,” for example. I noticed matthew’s letter because I was logged in trying to see why my latest post wasn’t showing up and saw it, and realized that someone out there must be able to see my post, even if I can’t. so… could it be that I’m using firefox? Could it be that my office computer is a fossilized piece of dinosaur dung (the geologic term for which is “coprolite,” by the way. Just sharing my awesome knowledge of rocks)? What am I missing here? This happens sometimes on my laptop at home as well. administrative rights be damned. this blogger business just doesn't make any sense to me sometimes.