18 March 2008

What, So Matt Bloom Thinks He's a Playwright, Now? Pshaah!

Yes, apparently he does.

Ladies and Gents, our very own Anne Koester, of WingSpace Theater, Ithaca, New York, has recently been the conduit by which I have been given the opportunity to see my work transformed into dramatic performance. In other words, I wrote a play, and they're gonna do it on April 18th!!

So . . . who wants to go? It's a ten-hour trip Amber and I will be taking/organizing on Thursday the 17th, to return on Sunday the 20th. The number of people who want to go will dictate how many discounted hotel rooms we get through Amber's friend Becky, who manages a Sleep Inn in Goshen. She can get us approx. $40-$50/night rooms at any Choice Hotel, and there's bound to be one in Ithaca or surrounding area.

We'll need people to RSVP by the end of this month so Becky can get it arranged. Let's just say the deadline is the 29th, when we'll all be together anyway for Spring Break ASS. After that we'll get into details like when we're leaving and from where, how many and which cars we're taking, etc.

I know it's a little last minute - I myself didn't exactly expect Anne and her co-workers to both accept my work so quickly and plan running it so soon! If you can't make arrangements in time, or you can't get out of work or the expense is too great or whatever, I promise I will understand. I trust you'll all be with us in spirit anyway.

But for those of you who are called to adventure . . . ROAD TRIP BABY!!!

-Matt

1 comment:

Josh said...

Step 1 - Matt writes play.
Step 2 - Group performs play.
Step 3 - Matt IS a playwright.