22 February 2007

Roosevelt Franklin


I've been sitting on this for a while. It's an old Sesame Street record, featuring a long-gone Muppet by the name of Roosevelt Franklin.

While this is pretty standard Sesame Street lyrics, the music is actually some pretty awesome soul. Also, "Mobity Mosely's Months" reminds me a lot of that great song by the Trashmen, "Surfin' Bird" ("awellawellawella, don't you know that the bird is the word").

Find the thing here.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I harbor a [now outed] affinity to old Sesame Street songs. I remember reading about the man who wrote all those songs when he died a while ago. Songs like

'LETTER G'
Sometimes it sounds like ga ga ga ga [oh G]
Sometimes it sounds like ja ja ja ja [oh G]
And that is why...that's why I love that letter

'REBEL L' to the tune of 'Rebel Yell'

'LETTER B' to the tune of 'Let it Be'

Thanks for the link, Matthew. I've got a remix of the pinball song that I can post.