05 December 2006

i'm not anal... just really really accurate... errrr something.


i think i've been informally accused of being a spelling snob. which is amusing because i generally can't spell worth crap. i can't help it if certain towns in "upstate" new york spell their names all weird.

6 comments:

Josh said...

Are we reading into
"
I'm done being accurate on weird spellings. I'll fix it for the DVD, ABBBBEIGH
kjolsh
"
just a **WEE*s* bit too far! :) I see it like this: those I am comfortable with, I don't bother correcting my spelling, unless the word is so mangeled no jist can be derived. I appreciate the correction because I want it to be correct on the DVD. I cringe when people type tomarrow. And sometimes, I start a sentence with AND on purpose or misspell on purpose as a joke. This was not one of those times.

For the record, I never called you anal about your spelling. Your spelling is loverly [sic].

On second thought, let's escalate this to ORANGE.
kJosh

abby said...

reading into it a little too much? abso-freakin-lutely! but it got you to post on the blog didn't it? mwahahahahahaha.

next target: scott russell. he's the only one left on the list that hasn't posted anything yet. unfortunately i don't know if i know him well enough to be able to bait him as effectively. all i've got is... hmmm... al gore? (he asked me my opinion of global warming once) and over the rhine (for obvious reasons).

and for the record, kjosh, i only corrected your spelling for the sake of our dvd. i have no further concerns with your grammatical prowess. i'm not actually that anal. at least when it comes to spelling ;)

p.s. you still owe me 1112.25 rupees.

Josh said...

Since you didn't specify WHICH rupee, I choose Sri Lankian rupees instead of Indian. So instead of $25, I shall pay you $10.29! Mwa ha!

abby said...

hell, if i'm still getting ten bucks out of this deal, i'm ok with that ;)

Matthew Trisler said...

I start sentences with "and" sometimes, because it's not, strictly speaking, wrong. It's just that sometimes it happens too frequently, thus becoming a crutch. A crutch that leaves sentence fragments.

as for getting scott to post, I have no way of knowing if he even reads the blargh. And bloom would be better at scott-baiting.

gettingdiscovered said...

Maybe I'm missing something, but what the hell is this post about?