23 December 2006



Update: It's gone now. If you want it, let me know and I'll burn it, but it's after christmas, you're probably sick of christmas music by now.

I promised this two weeks ago, and I couldn't sleep tonight.

Here's the promised Christmas CD--thanks to an influx of musical oddities from the blogosphere, it is ALL christmas music. And about as good as I'm going to get it, in my sleep deprived state. I offer a 55% guarantee that you will be entertained, offended, and straight up moved at some point within the hour this disc takes up. So, without further ado here it is:

What Christmas Means to Me
Pre-Holiday Breakups, Booze, Prostitution, Space Aliens in Our Chimneys, Small Children with Terrible Voices but Incredible Senses of Phrasing, Adults who Sound More Childlike than Children, Blasphemy, Devotion, men whose dying wish is (apparently) for a secondary Santa Claus on Mars, and Classic Country Singers Doing better By Irving Berlin than Bing Crosby Ever Did.

tracklist as it is:

1. Christmas Party - The Walkmen
2. Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep - Tammy Wynette
3. Mary - Lou Barlow
4. Christmas at the Zoo - the Flaming Lips
5. Captain Santa Claus (and His Reindeer Space Patrol) - Bobby Helms
6. Hooray for Santy Claus! - Milton DeLugg and the Little Eskimos
7. Jesus Christ - Big Star
8. Merry Christmas, Baby - The BellRays
9. iPod xMas - Hello Saferide
10. Santa Claus Never Comes to the Ghetto - Yellowman
11. Back Door Santa - Clarence Carter
12. Reindeer Boogie - Hank Snow
13. Taking Down the Tree - Low
14. Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis - Neko Case
15. The Friendly Beasts - Sufjan Stevens
16. Santa Claus, Go Straight to the Ghetto - Belle and Sebastian
17. Zoomah the Santa Claus from Mars - Barry Gordon
18. Hooray for Santy Claus! - Senor Tonto
19. White Christmas - Hank Thompson
20. If Christmas Can't Bring You Home - The Reigning Sound

You can download all 65 megabytes of holiday-spiced goodness by clicking here.

I'm taking it down the day after Christmas, as it's definitely a violation of Ball State's iWeb TOS.

No comments: