19 November 2006

December A.S.S.


Greetings, A.S.S.-ers. Thanks all for coming on Saturday and for all of your contributions. Twas a lovely time. Loved the wine. Loved the cheese. Doesn't get any better than that ;)

I just wanted to check in about having A.S.S. sometime in December. I know it can get fairly crazy with scheduling around the holidays, so I wanted to see if any particular weekend worked better for most of us than others? Let me know what works for you!

As far as activities... I'm down for some classic Christmas shows... peanuts, garfield, claymation, etc., as well as some Christmas cordials or whatnot. I also thought it might be fun to do a $1 gift exchange... you know... one of those where you can steal from each other, etc. And with the price limit set at a buck (tax not included) it won't set us back a lot of money and it could get pretty interesting.

Anyhoo... let me know what you think. I'm up for any suggestions in terms of dates, activities, food, and beverage.

The Minnetrista Luminaria is the first weekend in December. It was nice last year, but will probably be just the same this year. So... I don't feel the need to make a special effort to go unless there is snow that weekend or something spiffy like that. It's free, so I wouldn't be opposed to going just for lack of anything else economical to do, but won't be heartbroken if I don't make it this year either ;)

I also wanted to see how many are planning to be around for New Years. I know it's early yet, but I'd be happy to host a shindig again this year if people are up for it. Food, champagne, and prank calls are a tradition worth keeping, I think!

Cheers all, and have a very happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

gettingdiscovered said...

Unfortunately I think Amber and I are out for a December ASS. We've got Christmas parties the first two weekends, the third weekend is just before Amber takes the GRE, and we're having family over the fourth. Totally in for New Year's, though!