
Boy, howdy--WFMU's Beware of the Blog went kinda nuts with Rummy-bilia.
Three posts, I'm linking to. Doesn't sound like much, but when you take into account that the average Beware of the Blog post links to about seven websites, three MP3s, and two other Beware posts, that's a lot of information. Be prepared.
First: "Donald, We Will Miss Your Poetry." I have to say, though I don't think the guy does it intentionally, it is better than a lot of the poetry that undergrads intentionally write and then, somehow, think is suitable for publication.
Second: "Another One for Rummy," Featuring some pretty good Low-Fi alt-country with lyrics based on Rumsfeld's poetry. I'd like to hear the newer version.
Third: (actually the first, chronologically, thus the kinda lame title) "Rumsfeld Resignation MP3." Content is a little lame, too. "political remixes," whatever. I don't care whether I agree or disagree with these people's intentions, if a work of political art sucks, it sucks. However, the remix of "My Generation" is pretty awesome about halfway through when they finally do what I was hoping for, and they edit clips of Bush speeches into the lyrics of "My Generation," complete with stuttering.
No comments:
Post a Comment