
So, I noticed I accidentally deleted my favorite podcast (NPR's excellent weekly program, On The Media) out of my podcast subscription thingy in iTunes.
When I went to the iTunes store podcast directory to resubscribe, something wasn't quite right. In between the Euros and the masculine/feminine/neuter articles, I realized I needed to conduct my podcast search auf Deutsch. I speak just barely enough German that it honestly took me a good three minutes before I realized what exactly was wrong.
Apparently, I was not alone. My friend Kerry's iTunes store developed some sort of Anime fetish, "there's a Jens Lekman record I want, but I'm out of Yen," she told me. "Maybe I should try the Sweedish iTunes Store."
Did anyone here notice this happening?
I'm actually kind of disappointed that Apple hasn't implemented some sort of automatic currency exchange. I was really enjoying the previews for the songs I found in the iTunes essentials "Musik für Kinder" mix. It was more polished than the classics, "Komm Schumpf mit Mir" and "Gummibärchen und Spaghetti," but once in your life, you MUST experience the exhilirating joy that is the Pokemon theme in German. But alas, it was not $0.99, but instead, 0,99€.
... and since I said I like listening to music, here's some of it for free (in any country). I like the utter lack of commentary. Ladies and Gentlemen, dig Puritan Blister
No comments:
Post a Comment