14 November 2006

why martinis before eight are probably a bad idea.

Update: ixnay on the Blanc de Blancs. Apparently, Coppola does not sell Sophia at Meijer. I did, however, grab what promises to be a nice Cabernet.

Four minutes of cornstarch and water have never been so much fun! I don't speak a lick of spanish (well, maybe just ONE lick, then a crunch into the tootsie roll center of spanish literature--Pablo Neruda and Gabriel Garcia Marquez changed my life), but I still love playing with non-Newtonian liquids.



on a completely unrelated note: NPR just told me how to make crack out of cocaine. the secret is the microwave. if you were wondering. the microwave does some amazing things. Like turning my cheese into rubber.

Also, I'm bringing some wine--I hardly contribute my share to the ASS fund, so bringing alcohol instead of cheese seems more appropriate. I'm thinking of bringing what is termed as a "blanc de blancs"; this wine "bursts with rich pear, honeysuckle, and exotic passion fruit aromas. Crisp apple, melon, and juicy tangerine flavors fill the palate, with notes of bright lemon and honey evident on the refreshing, mouth-tingling finish." I'm also bringing a fitting film. heh, alliteration.
I don't know what cheese couples with it well... but I'm told Marsh is getting a load of Mizithra on thursday. If you've never had it, it's something like dried Romano. My favorite thing at the Spaghetti Factory is spaghetti with browned butter and mizithra. delicious. seriously. wow.

I am yelling at the radio, and I'm hungry.... thank god Totino's has finally released a vegetarian pizza other than plain cheese./ granted, three cheese isn't THAT different, but it's still progress.

more water would be good.

No comments: